Grilled peaches topped with honey, sea salt, pistachios, and vanilla ice cream are perfect for dessert and can be made in as little as ten minutes. I have to warn you though, you’re going to want seconds! This is my favorite way to eat peaches and it’s an easy recipe anyone can make.
In summer when peaches are plentiful, in season and on sale, you can affordably make this recipe for crowd. If you are a fan of other stone fruits like peaches or nectarines, try grilling those as well!
Lightly coat the cut side of ripe, halved and pitted peaches with a light flavor neural oil. Also, wipe the grill grate down with a bit of oil on a paper towel to assure the peaches won’t stick. I grilled these on my Aspire By Hestan grill.
Preheat the grill or grill pan
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place peaches on the grill, and after a few minutes, when the bottom starts to caramelize and you see grill marks, give them a half turn and continue to grill for a few more minutes.
Caramelize sugar in the fruit
I like to lower the grill lid to give the peaches a chance to soften up a bit, but it’s not necessary. Remove the fruit when you are satisfied with the color of caramelization achieved. They only take a few minutes to cook and soften up so don’t walk away while cooking.
Remove the fruit from the grill with tongs and carefully set the peaches on a serving platter. Top with ice cream, a nice drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of sea salt, and chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.
Looking for other great grilled dessert recipes? Check out my recipe for “Bananas Foster French Toast“. Instead of putting the bananas over French toast, put them over ice cream and enjoy a traditional bananas foster dessert.
Grilled Peaches with Pistachio, Honey, and Ice Cream
- 8 peaches ripe
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled
- 2 cup vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp oil flavor-neutral like vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- Cut peaches in half and seperate the two halves. Using caution, remove the pits. Be careful not to buy over-ripe peaches as they will crush when you try to split the two halves.
- Lightly coat the flesh exposed side of each peach with oil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Wipe grill grate down with oil prior to grilling peaches so they don't stick. Alternatively spray the grates with cooking spray prior to turning on the grill so you don't have a flare up.
- Grill peaches flesh side down with the grill lid closed. Closing the lid will help soften the peaches. After a few minutes, give the peaches a half turn to produce nice grill marks if you like. You will see the bottom start to carmelize. When peaches are softened, remove from the grill and place on a serving platter.
- Top grilled peaches with honey, pistachios and ice cream. Serve immediately